The Face Shop Nail Pleasure: YL702

The Face Shop has recently released a new nail polish line called Nail Pleasure. Polishes in this line retail for almost double the price of their regular polishes (P185.00 = around $4.00) and come in different bottles:
I suppose the price increase comes from the new packaging. Personally, I like the regular bottles better. They're much sleeker looking.

YL702 is a yellow glittery polish that can probably turn opaque after several coats, but for this swatching, I chose to layer it over a really old Covergirl polish I've had since high school:
It's a frosted red called Cabernet. For a 6 year-old polish, it still applies really well.

I was trying to do something like this stock photo I found on deviantART,

but it didn't turn out quite the way I expected. I do like the amount of glitter YL702 has in just one coat, though.


Maybe I'll try this experiment again some other time.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I like yours way better! Very cool glitter too!

Staci said...

Yeah, I tried to buy their base coat but was surprised to learn that it was P185. The packaging has something to do with it. Also, it looks like it has less product than before. :(

Deez Nailz - Canadas most fabulous hand model said...

I think that looks really pretty the way you did it. I loooove multi -sized glitter!

Anonymous said...

dude, yours looks way better than the stock photo. much cooler glitter!

Olivia C. said...

This is very pretty!